Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Power Outage

We just finished a 2 1/2 day power outage.  Anica does not sleep well without her fan, which means John and I didn't sleep well either.  The kids played flashlight games in the evenings, and we lit candles and pretended it was everyone's birthday.  When Mikan was on the ventilator, we were on an emergency service list, which meant that during any power outages, we were the first ones to get it back, and fireman immediately came to our door to check on us and give us reports of when it was coming back on.  I guess that was a small perk to having a ventilator-dependent child.  No such service this time.  I'm not complaining though.

We had to delay Mikan's physiatry appointment, so we will follow-up with her next month to assess Mikan's range and determine the necessity of future Botox treatments.  I am very grateful for his ability to walk, but he falls down all the time.  He is determined and doesn't complain.  I sometimes think I can notice when he can't keep up and gets discouraged, but he is definitely a fighter, and his will still wins out.  With God on his side, anything is possible.



No comments: