Wednesday, March 21, 2012

More Therapies



We are still in the process of researching therapy dogs and Applied Behavioral Analysis Programs. I am only aware of one ABA program within a 45 minute radius of us. This intensive program begins this summer, and children have to apply for consideration. We are hoping Mikan will be accepted into the program, but we don't know what factors are taken into consideration. If he is rejected, then we will expand our search a little. This may mean we will have to travel farther for fewer sessions perhaps.

I'm having difficulty with getting responses from the therapy dog agencies I've found. I'm not sure if this means they are inactive, flooded with clients, or just plain incompetent. Regardless, none of these are good signs. If anyone knows of an agency anywhere in this country that they or someone they know has worked with, please leave a comment for us to follow-up on.

We're also a little behind this year on March of Dimes fundraising. If you are intersted, follow Mikan's donations link on the left hand side to support our team this year. Every little bit is appreciated. Thanks!

1 comment:

Candice said...

Hi!!!
I am a big believer of Animal Thearpy. Todays post is about the Pony we just purchased for Lilly. Check us out and maybe we can think outside the box for you! I use all my own animals for Lilly's Thearpy.

Candice