Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cups

I thought we were making progress on the flexible drinking front. Mikan finally began using a different milk cup and taking adequate quantities of fluid. He didn't ask for his old milk cup, so I didn't give it to him. Today, when his new one was in the dishwasher, he refused to drink anything out of his old cup. In fact, he went so far as to take fake sips from it to appease me. He starved himself all morning until the cup was clean. He has also refused a Dora cup we bought and several other straw cups we decorated. At least I'm pretty sure his refusal is primarily behavioral-related now (with a sensory component, of course). It's just hard to let a kid starve who has difficulty gaining weight. And gaining weight is what he needs in order to get rid of the g-tube. We'll keep trying I guess.

New cup is on the left. Old cup is on the right.



Mikan's psychological evaluation was rescheduled for early March. At least he'll get another month of "developing" in before testing.

Mikan and Anica "helping" me pack their suitcases for a weekend visit with family.

No comments: