Sunday, December 11, 2011

First-Ever Toboggan Run

I saw Mikan drawing on his own, and when I noticed what he wrote, I was so proud that I had to take a picture. I was impressed, but maybe it was just a mom thing. Are three-year-olds supposed to be spelling this kind of stuff?




We spent the weekend at Pokagon State Park. Mikan LOVED tobogganing. John had to stop taking him down because he was tired of carrying Mikan back up the toboggan run. Below is a video of one of their runs. You can't really see their faces, but it gives you an idea of how fast they were going.



Mikan painting a Christmas tree in Pokagon's craft room.



Mikan' playing in our first real snow earlier this weekend.



Thankfully one of Mikan's nurses was able to shove back in the piece of Mikan's g-tube that had gotten dislodged earlier last week. It isn't entirely secure, but it is functinal. Because he is close to having it removed, the GI nurse said that as long as the piece stays in and the site looks good, we don't have to have the tube changed. We are pleased with this and are praying that it will last until spring.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great writing!! Very impressive for a 3 year old! He looks great! I'm sorry he's been having problems with his G tube, I pray that all goes well and that it will be removed according to plan. He sure had a great time on the toboggan! Have a great holiday!!