Friday, July 1, 2011

A Quick Update







The kids are doing well and enjoying the summer. Mikan loves going to the beach and has finally gotten used to playing in the sand.

The Medical Front:

Mikan appears to suffer from seasonal allergies like myself. We are both a little uncomfortable lately, but he doesn't complain nearly as much as I do.

Mikan has a swallow study in a few weeks to check for thin liquid aspiration and any mechanical problems with his solid eating.

He has an ENT follow-up at the end of the month and a possible ear tube placement with another bronchoscopy in August.

2 comments:

Essential Mama Baby said...

Hi Jenna,
I'm so touched my your story, what a journey! I can't imagine what you went through when your son was born. It hurts just to think about it. I love the picture of you holding him when he was 28 weeks!
Great pictures at the beach!
Stopping by from BlogFrog and following you!

I have a story said...

I just wanted you to know that your story gives me so much hope for my own trach baby .... its a long road but through your story I see light at the end ... Thank you so much for being brave and open enough to share your story . We havent found anything as great as your blog when it comes to this topic . You are truly a trailblazer and your family is always in our hearts.