Monday, June 27, 2011

Strawberry Season 2011



We took the kids strawberry picking last week. I had a difficult time pulling Mikan away from the huge sign that read "Strawberries," but he did eventually sit in the field and poke at a few plants. His walker wheels were red when we left. At home he kissed and licked some berries and squooshed them on his plate. Last June I thought for sure he'd be eating strawberries by summer of 2011. Unfortunately, the only difference in our picking experience from last year was that now he could read the sign. Maybe next year.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

He is way too cute!!! What a smile!! I have not done the strawberry thing, I am just too chicken!!! You are a very brave woman!!! Lol! Glad you had a fun day!!! Personally, I think kissing and squishing strawberries should count but I relize therapists and doctors don't agree! Lol!!!

Kara @ Just1Step said...

Focus on the fact that he can read the sign (AMAZING) and not the fact that he wasn't doing much pickin'. Maybe he's saving the pickin' for NEXT year since you won't be impressed by his reading anymore at that point. :)