Monday, April 18, 2011

March for Babies 2011




I'm not sure what they're looking at. It must have been cool though.


On Saturday we walked to support all babies born too early or with unexpected birth defects. We really appreciate everyone's generosity this year. Thanks so much to everyone who donated to our team, helping make sure more babies are born healthier than Mikan was. With your support, Team Mikan Boy raised over $1000. The weather was crummy, but we persevered through the 4 mile walk and enjoyed the free food afterwards. I walked with the kids, Mikan's nurse, Nina, Nina's goddaughter Anna, and Cousin Maria, and John attended a conference in Indy for parents of blind and visually impaired children.

His anxiety/clinginess to Mom isn't fading yet. Is this a phase? He gets upset even when we're at home and I leave the room he's in. I hope he grows out of it soon. Mom's a little tired of it.

Mikan has been hobbling short distances by himself, nothing really stable, but he is definitely making some gross motor gains. I look forward to a day sometime in the next several months when I can post walking video. Then again, I've thought he was a couple months away from walking for the last two years.

2 comments:

my life: said...

I've posted a couple of times before...I have a micro-preemie as well. I was at the conference in Indy and saw John...I didn't want to freak him out by saying "how's Mikan? I'm a total stranger and read your blog. :0)"
I refrained...but for the record, your little guy is SUPER cute and I'm so happy about all of the progress he has made!
I look forward to seeing those videos :0)

Kara @ Just1Step said...

Yay go Team Mikan!