Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cross Country Runner?

Last weekend Mikan attended a football tailgate at the high school we work at. Some elementary and middle school kids who were also at the tailgate followed him while he ran around in his walker. The walker draws a lot of attention from most kids and toddlers we see. John and I overheard one of the kids say, "He's going to win all of his cross country races because people will feel bad if they pass him!" Oh kids.

On the subject of walking...Mikan goes to Ft. Wayne this week for a sleep-deprived EEG and follow-up visit with his neurologist to review all of his test results over the last few months and develop a plan for him. On the night before his EEG, we have to keep him awake til midnight. The next morning we wake him up at 4 and take him to the doctor to get hooked up to a labryinth of probes and try to rock him to sleep again in their office.

Baby number 2 is still right where he/she needs to be. I'm 26 weeks and being monitored weekly. If anything changes (I begin contracting, my cervix shortens, etc.), I will either go on bedrest at home or the hospital. Right now I am enjoying the freedom of not lying in bed all day. Ultrasounds suggest this baby is bigger than Mikan was already, so we're hoping this is a sign of good things to come.




"Get away from my walker!"

1 comment:

awesome aunt annette said...

Oh, Tyler and Mikan look like brothers. I love watching them play together. Mikan is adorable!