Thursday, April 15, 2010
Mikan's Fighting Irish SMOs.
It's been awhile since we've updated. Mikan has kept busy. We got his SMOs this week. He hates when we put them on. He screamed the entire time we visited the orthopedist. I haven't noticed any improvement yet, in fact he gets around much more awkwardly with them at this point. I'm sure as he gets used to them they will help, but right now they are a big pain. He still isn't showing any interest in walking, but we know it takes time.
Before Mikan is scheduled to be decannulated, his ENT wants a sleep study done. We are waiting for this to be scheduled. This may delay the big event several weeks, but it makes sense to ensure that the doctors are making the right decision.
Mikan also recently contracted an infection around his g-tube. It is extremely sore, and he had a fever last night of 102. He is on an antibiotic now, but the poor guy justwasn't really acting like himself for several days. He is finally looking better this morning and his fever broke.
We are walking in the March for Babies Walk next weekend. If anyone would like to donate to our team, please click on the March of Dimes badge in the left margin of this page. Thanks for everyone's support!
Posted by John and Jenna Gensic at 12:07 PM