Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mikan's Signs


video

Mikan showing off a few of the signs he's learned recently. I'm not sure what he's doing with his hands in between signs. It seems like he's always practicing something. We're pretty proud.

Today I took Mikan into a Child Development class at the school where we work. The class checks this blog as part of their curriculum. We dragged the vent with us to show them how it worked. Lugging that machine around made me appreciate all over again that he no longer needs it.

So far Mikan's been staying healthy. He got his first Synagis shot this week and he is due for his second H1N1 shot next week.

10 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

I am blown away! Mikan, you are amazing. Seriously, I have tears in my eyes. I hope that one day my Peanut can communicate with me like Mikan does with you.

jkhenson said...

Love seeing Mikan signing! :) I like at the end of the clip he looks like he's signing that he is "#1!" :))

Alicia said...

Oh I LOVED that!!! He is doing so awesome!! I'm glad to see he is practicing too, so cute!

DevonLeah said...

he is too precious....

Kara @ KSS said...

Aw his signs are so impressive!!

Hope said...

WTG Mikan!! You are such a macho man (Okay, so Ava made me type that.....)

Seriously, he's doing so well!!

Michelle and Sean said...

That is so awesome!!! He is just so darn cute!!!

awesome aunt annette said...

I too have tears in my eyes!! I am so proud of him, I mean he has 2 genius parents, so I would not except anything less! Auntie Net loves you Mikan!

Mary Ann said...

WOW! His signing is amazing. Keep up the good work. Miss you guys.
We need to plan a dinner for you soon. Love,
Mike & Mary Ann

Jamie said...

awesome job mikan! i have said this many times before but feel the need to keep saying it...you both should be very proud!

and thanks jenna for commenting about mikan's h1n1 vaccines. we waited 4 hours to get adali's at the health dept because her ped hadn't received it yet and vaguely recalled the nurse mentioning that she needed to get a second dose after 30 days but after 4 hours of trying to keep adali entertained in a line by myself, i was a bit foggy.