Sunday, October 25, 2009

Can Mikan See Autumn?

We have a HUGE sycamore tree in our backyard. The leaves are bigger than Mikan's head. We tried to capture the size in a picture, but Mikan wasn't as excited about the leaf as we were.



We had to sneak it next to him when he wasn't looking.



After several tries, he finally decided it was ok to touch it.



Last Thursday John and I attended the Northern Indiana Division's Annual March of Dimes Chef's Auction. The coordinator put together a collage of Mikan's pictures that were displayed along with several other collages of babies. I was asked to give a brief update on Mikan for the event, another ambassador family spoke, one of Mikan's neonatologists received an award, and several meal packages were auctioned off to benefit March of Dimes. We had a nice evening out enjoying appetizers from South Bend's best chefs. From what I understand, the auction was pretty successful.

We just got Mikan's glasses back, but they don't fit him well at all. We have to take them back to get readjusted. I'm also considering getting a second opinion about his prescription. It changed so drastically that I am curious to see what another ophthalmologist might prescribe. Right now his presciption reads: Spherical O.D. -10.00, O.S. -11.00, Cylindrical O.D. +3.50, O.S. +3.50. I'm not sure what all of this means, I've just been told that it is severe. He seems to enjoy being outside even without his glasses, I'm just not sure how much of it he sees.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Poor guy didn't like the leaf!! I think I would be freaked out by a leaf that was almost as big as me though. : )

Bummer about the glasses. I hope you get it straightened out soon.

Have a great week!