Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer Adventures

"Pray for Surf and Praise God Always."-The quote from the bottom of our surfboard. While doing menial tasks around the house, I've had a chance to reflect on this quote. If you think about "Surf" as rough times in life then the metaphors are endless. I have a strong belief in the old "God doesn't give you more than you can handle." So bring on the surf...

video

One week until school work starts. We have been lucky to have great wave days this summer. While our surfing skills may not be great, we are still having a great time.

Speaking of grrrrreat. Mikan got to see his first tiger at the zoo. Speaking of felines. The lion in this picture sat pretty still for Mikan. Lots of coincidences in this picture: Lion, Mikan, Dad wearing Lion's Club shirt, Mikan uses glasses.



That's right, I led with a story about myself, despite the title of the blog. Oh wait, I'm still my mom's little baby (Ummmm, can I have any gas money?)

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow, I love the saying on the surfboard and your interpretation of it. Amazing!

Great job on the whole surfing thing by the way. Much better than I could do! :)

Hope said...

Love the surf board meaning.

Michelle and Sean said...

Hi there Mikan looks great!! I hope things are going well!! I just can't get over how cute he is! Glad you are all having a great summer!!
Michelle