Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2 Week Delay

Unfortunately Mikan's condition hasn't improved enough, so his surgery was canceled till September 8th. Although he no longer has a fever, he still has a chronic cough unless he is given a breathing treatment every 4-6 hours. The antibiotic doesn't appear to be doing anything, so he probably has some form of viral pneumonia. He has also picked up his gagging/wretching again, which is a little worrisome, but we're hoping he will ride this out soon. He's still working hard on all of his skills and enjoys reading his books while getting a breathing treatment. Thanks to everyone who has been thinking and praying for our family.

7 comments:

awesome aunt annette said...

JT has a runny nose and cough now, go figure Mikan would ever pass on colds! Tyler is doing good, We will keep praying for Mikan to get better!!

Alicia said...

Oh poor guy! I am sorry to hear the surgery has been moved back becuase he is so sick. Good news is it is only 2 weeks!

Continuing to pray for his recovery.

Jamie said...

shucks! well, on the bright side 2 weeks is nothin. hope mikan gets to feeling better soon.

Hope said...

I'm sorry he's still sick. Poor little guy:( I'm thinking about you guys.

Life in the Bend said...

Poor little guy! I must admit, I'm frantically calculating when he was together with my kids and hoping he didn't get sick from Atticus. I hope he recovers quickly and is able to have his surgery soon!

DevonLeah said...

:( Im sorry...I know that can be discouraging. Prayers that he gets better fast!!!

Michelle and Sean said...

Oh man, I'm sorry. I hope he gets better soon!! we are praying for you guys. I hope he is all better by two weeks and everything goes smoothly from there.