Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mom's Mistake

We seem to be having problems with transferring pictures and video to our computer (Hint hint Mom and Dad-we'd really like a new camera for Christmas). So I'll just give a quick update and we'll post some new pics later. We don't have a lot of new news. Mikan's scope is on Monday, so we will know a lot more then.

Yesterday John was supposed to come home from work at 1pm. He didn't. He didn't arrive home until 2pm. The plan was that we were going to cut Mikan's hair and then do bath and trach care before Mikan's PT session at 2. John has cut Mikan's hair every time. Well, when John didn't show up, time was running out, and I decided I needed to get it over with...so I cut it myself...except I thought John didn't use an attachment...apparently he used a #2...

A few buzzes into the haircut, I looked at our nurse and said, "You know, I don't remember it looking this short last time John cut it." Sure enough, Mikan's bald now. He looks like a cue ball. John thinks it's great. They look like twinsies now. And he knows that he NEVER would have been able to talk me into shaving it all off. I was horrified.

Next school year I'll use this story with my students when we talk about situational irony.

I blame John.

10 comments:

Alicia said...

I blame John too!! He must have willed it to happen. Shame on you John! ;)

I have no doubt he is the most handsome cue ball ever. And, of course you know this, but it will grow back. Until then, just keep blaming John. It'll make you feel better!

I'm praying for great results from the bronch on Monday.

Colleen said...

Our home nurse cuts Isaac's hair and she does a great job. It's much easier than taking him and his equipment to supercuts! I'm sure Mikan looks very cute!

Tamara said...

oh that is too funny! Would love to see it, but know you cant. I like the passing the buck!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Awww ... I can't wait to see pictures of your cute cue ball! :)

awesome aunt annette said...

That is hiliarious! I am still laughing. I can see your face when John got home, and you yelling at him, I would have done the same thing. I can't wait to see Mikan! I am thinking about giving JT the same haircut for moral support!

Mary Ann said...

I like it that you are going to use this in your lesson for students during the next school year!! Can't wait to see Mikan and the new hair cut. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers for Monday. Hopefully, we will visit with you soon.

Dee said...

Hmmm....trouble posting pictures...you've been doing this for well over a year now and "all of a sudden" you having trouble? Seems suspicious to me! Just get it overwith and show us that cute bald man of yours! Love ya!

Michelle and Sean said...

I'm sure he is just adorable. I can't wait for you guys to get that scope on Monday. I hope all goes well. We are praying for you!!

Kara @ KSS said...

Hahaha that's so funny. It made me laugh.

Hope said...

LMAO. I blame him too!