Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mmmm...Fruit Season

Some fun with "eating." Mikan and John with strawberries and clam chowder.




Mikan doesn't appear to be as excited about fruit season as we are. In the video below, he expresses his apprehension with fresh strawberries.



Mashing them up for the g-tube just isn't the same. You can't taste them. That's ok. More for us.

Here he finally warms up to one.



Mikan's pediatrician told us this week that she is going to request another round of RSV shots for Mikan for the winter. She thinks that he will have enough medical needs still that our insurance should cover it. We'll see.

Mikan now weighs 20lbs 4/12 oz. He is between the 3rd and 5th percentile for his actual age (15 months). In addition, the pediatrician confirmed what we all had assumed for the last six-eight months...Mikan has a ridiculously huge head. His head circumference is in the 75th percentile for his actual age. I hope that big head doesn't give him a smart mouth when he starts talking.

7 comments:

DevonLeah said...

Cute videos! My 4 yr old daughter was watching them with me.( She is up late with me..the night nurse called in sick.) I just "introduced" her to Mikan. It is nice for her to see another baby with a trach and g tube. She told me the other day that she wished Camden was a "normal" baby brother. Broke my heart, but I know she is just young and wasnt trying to hurt me she is just confused. Yep, Camden puts everything that he holds in his hands, but still can't suck! So many hurdles to jump, huh?
ANd yes, God is amazing....

Colleen said...

How funny, he's so cute! Isaac also likes a strawberry surprise at...

http://isaacegrove.blogspot.com/2009/06/wordless-wednesday_10.html

Alicia said...

Loved those videos!!!

Jason and Rachel said...

Darn it! I wondered if that was you guys with Mikan. I heard people chatting behind us, and then by the time I turned around you guys were turning the opposite direction! :( Maybe we can plan something towards the end of the week if the weather cooperates? We have Quinn's PT today, a playdate on Tuesday, going to my sister's on Wednesday, family pictures (IF the weather cooperates) Thurs. evening. This week is going to wear me out!! Maybe we can plan for Thursday during the day or Friday? We'll just play it by ear!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

How cute is he with the strawberry!! :)

Junior said...

I just found your blog through another blog I follow. Your little guy is just adorable, loved the videos especially the one of him in the pool.

Dee said...

I can hardly believe how big Mikan is!! I had to take a double take! :) I just love the jumper/pool picture!