Friday, June 26, 2009

Last Minute Details

Camera to computer connection still out of commission. Some lengthy failed attempts to resolve the issue fuel my frustration, but I'll figure it out soon enough.

I called Riley to check what time Mikan's surgery was on Monday. They don't arrange the times till the workday before in case they need to schedule emergency surgeries at the last minute. The receptionist proceeded to tell me that Mikan was scheduled for surgery with some doctor we had never heard of. Needless to say, I was a little upset. When I explained which doctor was supposed to be seeing Mikan (the same doctor who performed his tracheostomy and with whom we've been in contact with over the last two months periodically discussing his condition), she said I might have to reschedule the surgery if we wanted him. However, before I completely lost my temper, they rearranged the schedule and added Mikan to the morning surgery list. He will now be the first one seen by the right doctor. I can't imagine what I would have done if we had walked into the hospital and some random doctor whom we've never met (who apparently specializes in adults) introduced herself as Mikan's surgeon. Apparently the original doc's schedule changed unexpectedly for the afternoon and he couldn't be in surgery, so they moved anyone after a certain time to see this new doc. Well, not ok by me. So we have to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. Monday morning.

We appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers during surgery Monday. We are hoping for good news (a minor laser surgery and the doc telling us reconstruction is not necessary).

5 comments:

Hope said...

I'll be praying! Mikan is going to do great! Thank God you found all this doctor change issues out now!!

Life in the Bend said...

I'll be thinking about you all and praying for you on Monday.

Tamara said...

Praying friend!

Alicia said...

Wow, you held it together a lot better than I would have! I so would have come uncorked! So glad you checked and it got resolved quickly. It amazes me that they really don't care who does what surgery on what patient. Kids aren't just little adults, they need specialized care from someone who is accustomed to working with kids!

You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Have a great relaxing weekend!

Jamie said...

thinking of you guys tonight and tomorrow...