Sunday, May 10, 2009

Surgery Date



Well, July 31st is the first date available for Mikan's surgery. When I pressed the scheduler for something earlier, she just told me, "This man is in high demand." My anxiety has grown a little regarding the surgery since I've heard that using lasers in the airway can be serious and may set back some progress. I have asked to talk to the ENT again more about the surgery and why he thinks it's reflux-related. If the Prevacid will fix everything and we can have a minimal clean-up in July, that would be ideal.

Oh, and I can't remember if I've posted anything about the vent lately, but Mikan is doing well only using CPAP (pressure support of 10, peep of 4-6) at night. I knew he didn't need his rate, but his pulmonologist has finally given the order to get rid of the ventilation, so he is only on pressures now. We see him again for further weaning in a few weeks, but we may do some over the phone earlier.

We went for a wonderful Mother's Day walk as a family, enjoying the beautiful weather. Mikan made my day by grinning at me the whole time. Happy Mother's Day to all you hard-working moms out there!

4 comments:

Hope said...

WooHoo for no more vents!!

Alexa said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jenna! We're happy to hear the good news about the vent. We'll be praying for a smooth surgery in July. Keep up the great job of advocating for little for Robert Couch Head!

Love,
Dad, Mom, JR, Ben, Zach, and Alexa

Marissa said...

Praying Prevacid does the trick. And hooray about the vent! That is awesome!!

Glad you had a Happy Mother's Day,

Alicia

Colleen said...

I hope you had a great Mother's Day and that's good news that he is progressing so well off the vent.