Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Pics






Mikan's pediatrician called yesterday to let us know that she wanted us to try him off of all of his machines for 1/2 hour trials during the day. She said she wanted to completely skip the CPAP step because he's been doing so well. He's already on low CPAP pressures anyway if we were to make that switch from the ventilator. In order to do these trials, we need new equipment (an oxygen mask that would attach to his trach and a humidity filter as well. We've ordered these from Memorial and when they arrive we can begin the trials. I'm not sure how well he'll tolerate the switch. We have permission to try a couple times a day for 1/2 hour as long as he can keep up his sats. If he does well, we can extend it to one hour a day. We hope he does well so we can take him around to the different rooms of the house and get him some scenery changes!

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Hope said...

That's great news on the trials. I can't wait to hear how he does. His smile is contagious, isn't it? Give him a hug from Ava. Merry Christmas!

Marissa said...

Hi guys,

I've never commented before but I have been looking in on your family for a while. I can't remember how I came upon your bog, we all seem to get around to each other through each other blogs somehow.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I love watching Mikan progress and grow. He is so handsome. I am so happy you have been given the go ahead to take him off the vent for a short time. I'll be praying he does well.

What you said about the Ronald McDonald House in the last post was hilarious!!

Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas

Alicia

awesome aunt annette said...

Merry Christmas you guys!!! Mikan is adorable. I hope he tolerates the trials well. JT got a Braves baseball bat and some wiffle balls for Christmas, so he will be ready to give Mikan some tips this summer. Love you guys.

Michelle and Sean said...

Wow, I'm so excited that Mikan can have some trials off of everything. I can't wait to see how he does!! Good luck! We're praying for you guys!

Michelle

g.gensic.jr said...

We are so happy to see how well Mikan continues to progress. He is such an amazing kid!