Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mikan is doing pretty well. His feedings continue to be like torture. He is only taking about 10 to 30 cc's at each feeding. We were hoping for immediate progress after the surgeries, but it looks like it will take some more time. However, Mikan's respiratory health appears to be improving, which is the most important.

We were moved from our single room to be more out in the open at the PICU. They had some more critical patients that needed the low stimulus rooms for recovery. Tonight a little baby in the PICU passed away. That was the first time I had been present for the passing of a child. Jenna has been around for couple a while ago at the NICU. I don't know how I feel. Certainly lucky, but still wishing I could do more for Mikan than I am currently. I think staying healthy and sane are probably two of the more important things that Mikan needs us to do right now. We are waiting to hear back from some of the home nursing companies we think we'll have some answers by next week. We'll see.

1 comment:

awesome aunt annette said...

I am so happy to hear Mikan is finally making some respiratory progress. I hope he catches on to the eatting thing soon. How much does he weigh now? We love you guys, especially Mikan.