Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday









Bathtime; Mikan and Nina; Mikan's hearing test; Post Bathtime; Mikan's first date with another NICU patient.



Mikan's 4th and hopefully final hernia surgery is scheduled for Monday afternoon. We are still working on organizing home health care for Mikan and rigging up a specialized stroller for all of the equipment he will need. Mikan's ENT doctor visited today and said his granuloma wasn't really a granuloma, he thought it was just tissue that was still trying to heal. Tomorrow we have a tour of the PICU. Mikan is looking good. He is growing and getting stronger each day. Hopefully we will not be here too much longer. Right now we are still looking at leaving near the first week in July if all goes well.

7 comments:

Life in the Bend said...

That alligator towel is so cute. Good luck with the hernia surgery. Atticus had his today and it truly was a short operation - yet still very scary from a parent's point of view. I keep meaning to ask again if we can bring you dinner - maybe once you get home?

awesome aunt annette said...

Hurry home Mikan, your Aunt Annette really wants to hold you and dress you up to take pictures with your big cousin (I mean older).

shannon hahn said...

Hi Its Shannon Hahn. Maryann Sauods friend. I just want to tell you you what a wonderful job you are doing with your son mikan. I log on almost every night when I get my two to bed just to see how his day went.I am so happy to here you talking about going home. It is amazing how much faster they progress at home.I am still here if you have any questions that I might be able to help you with. I almost got to meet the two of you at the meeting you wrote about going to with other nicu parents my husband and were invited to be at but, we had our sons baptism that day. Maybe someday we will meet and can share our stories. You are all in our prayers.

shannon hahn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey Corbin said...

What a cutie! Those are some great pictures. I thought the rule was no dating until the age of 16?????? Exceptions for the NICU huh??? Anyway, you both are awesome and I admire your strength. You are all in my thoughts everyday and I hope you can come home soon!

Angela Saoud said...

Guys, you're going to have to tell Mikan it's not okay to fall asleep on a date. Girls usually don't like that!

So good to see all of you yesterday!

So much love!
Ang

Big Brother said...

What a great picture. Although with his cheeks, I would have pegged Mikan more as a Bears cheerleader than Colts.
What Sara? Mikan's on the right? Ohhh.