Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday

Mikan had his pic-line removed today because he is tolerating his feedings enough to get all his nutrition from the feeding tube. His oxygen requirements remain around 60% and his respirator rate is 30 breathes per minute. Digestion continues to be a success. His CO2 levels have remained consistent, so we have not been able to wean ventilator support. His body may still be getting used to living with a closed ductus.

I really wanted to post something that was a lie because tomorrow is April Fool's day, but my conscience (Jenna) has let me know that this is probably not the best avenue for practical jokes. Steve and Sandy visited tonight and brought shakes, mmmmmmm.

3 comments:

Annette Morlan said...

Can't wait to see little Mikan. Gil, I and J.T. are planning on coming up tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday). We have to have mom give J.T. his shots and then eat lunch with the McCoys. See you guys tomorrow.

Aunt Deb said...

That is a milestone! Every piece of equipment removed is huge progress. Way to go Mikan.

Lindsey Corbin said...

Jenna and John,

I had no idea what had been going on! I guess that is my fault for moving to the South. I am sure that God has a plan for Mikan and this is just one small step :) I will keep you both in my prayers and when I come back to IN, at the end of April, I'm going to try and get a car so we can drive and see you all.

Good luck with everything and stay strong :)

Lindsey and David Corbin