Wednesday, March 19, 2008

30 Weeks

Mikan is 30 weeks old today. Today brings with it a whole new set of concerns, just like every day it seems. The doctors are now running several blood tests to check for infection since his white blood cell count was a little high today. He still is very active and doesn't appear to have an infection, but the doctor said this is a primary concern right now since he wouldn't be able to go into surgery if he was sick. For the next 2 days he will be closely monitored for infection and treated if necessary. He is already on a few preventative antibiotics. Early next week, assuming he is healthy, the doctor may order another echocardiogram to check the status of his ductus. He resumed feedings today, but isn't digesting them too well yet.

1 comment:

Uncle (scuba) Steve Furman said...

> Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 14:21:09 -0400
> From: afurma01@saintmarys.edu
> Subject: Jenna and John and Mikan
> To: sfurman@highland.k12.in.us; coachfurman@hotmail.com
>
> Is there and e-mail address I can send a message to? Or could you send this message on?
>
> Jenna and John,
> I have been getting updates from my parents, but it is nice to see pictures and to hear all of what is going on day by day. You and little Mikan are in my prayers and I think it's gotta help that you are even getting prayers from across the ocean. Sending love,
> Annaliese
>
> I love you Dad! Thinking of you!
> Sorry I didn't get to talk to you the other day. I miss you and love you!
> Annaliese
> Oh and the other day I played Basketball again. Despite being what i feel is slow, Fraziska and Stefen think I'm fast. It was pretty cool though because I looked good because I kept scoring. Really, though I just kept taking it to the basket when they gave me the open route and that's what you always taught me. See? I learn well! Still using my talents every once in a while...
Sent from Annaliese in Ireland
All our love,
Uncle (scuba) Steve Furman